at CookUnity Atlanta, Georgia, United States is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021. Join Us! What we're looking for We're building our team in Atlanta that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers. We're looking for hard-working, passionate team members and value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you! Who we are CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we're elevating the at-home dining experience. We are growing rapidly and looking for hard-working, passionate team members that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers. We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we'd love to hear from you! The Role This position will assist our Culinary Manager with the day to day requirements of managing the culinary departments of our food manufacturing operations. This position will work mainly in the kitchen and the receiving warehouse verifying quality control, monitoring staff and assisting with compliance of HACCP & GMP. Responsibilities
- Oversee the operation of the culinary department including the food safety team, receiving team, porters, cleaning team
- Scheduling and maintaining the labor cost in goal range
- Pre-shift meetings with team to communicate goals and areas of focus
- Perform other duties as required by Management. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in English reading and writing
- Experience in a food facility, preferred
- Ability to work in a cold prep area kept at 35 degrees
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Must be able to perform basic computer tasks including MS Office Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Lunch served daily
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full-time, Part-time, and Overnight positions available If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!