Department Manager – Project Execution
Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
- Develop, lead and coordinate BBA’s consulting services in the project execution sectors for the Vancouver office: project management, project controls, planning, estimating, cost control, document control and procurement.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, objective alignment, evaluation, development, and engagement of the team.
- Coach, train and support the career development of junior-intermediate professionals in the team.
- Identify and support continuous learning and training activities for the team.
- Actively participate in business development, proposal, and budgets preparation to develop the group.
- Deliver services in your area of expertise on client projects (develop deliverables, etc.).
- Participate in implementing managerial and strategic initiatives, where necessary.
- Ensure the department undertakes its responsibilities and obligations in accordance with BBA health, safety and environment standards as well as quality.
- Improve methodology, tools and templates.
- Participate in professional association meetings in the field of project management. Skills
- Honest and trustworthy; adhere to BBA’s ethics and values
- Engaging leadership
- Committed to the firm's success
- Business acumen (internal/external entrepreneurship)
- Ability to make quality decisions
- Develop direct reports and others
- Demonstrate organizational agility Requirements
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in project management or other relevant field of expertise related to project execution
- Hold at least 10 years of relevant experience in consulting engineering and/or in assessing projects and staff management
- Previous experience managing and leading a team of professionals at varying levels of development
- Knowledge and experience in project management and project controls
- Interest and skills in business development and to develop the group to support the growth of the Vancouver office
- Occasional travel to other BBA offices
- Asset: Bilingual (English and French) BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.