Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer
Hybrid – Montreal / Product and Technology / Full-time About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2022 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC. This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to design and deliver the high-quality software used to support our member experience and run our practices.
Tech we use daily: Ruby, Rails, ReactJS/Native, AWS Lambda, bash, Docker, AWS S3, AWS SNS, AWS SQS
This role will report to our Head of Product and Technology and is based in Montreal (remote). + Become an expert on our technical systems;
- Collaborate with our team to define what the ideal veterinary experience is and how technology can enhance it;
- Support with the planning, execution, and release of technical projects;
- Steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture;
- Take projects from conception to realization;
- Write testable and maintainable code;
- Seek the right balance between moving quickly and improving the operability and scalability of the systems we build;
- Implement new features across our web and mobile clients to improve our member experience;
- Collaborate with future engineering hires. Who you are
- 2+ years of experience writing scalable, high-performant, maintainable, and clean code;
- Experience working with React and Redux or equivalent technologies;
- Experience with, or an interest in AWS serverless architecture;
- Experience with GraphQL and/or restful APIs;
- You enjoy collaborating with non-technical people, and are looking forward to understanding their problems and translating them into technical solutions.
- You have experience with Git-based team workflows and modern CI/CD deployment flows;
- Know your way around the command line;
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale applications with AWS;
- Past experience working in health-tech or veterinary tech sectors an asset;
- Experience working in a startup, small business or a highly independent team is highly valued.
- Competitive salary and equity;
- Health, dental + vision insurance;
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony;
- A great top of the line benefit plan provided by PEO Canada and including short term disability insurance;
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you;
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back;
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally.