Program Officer (Education)
Program Officer (Education) The Leon Levine Foundation October 5, 2022 | Views: 4
Across the Carolinas our team members meet with leading thinkers and doers working to create opportunities in the areas of education, healthcare, human services and Jewish values. Through our grantmaking process, you will evaluate and empower successful nonprofits and leaders. You will advance your connections and expertise, while growing your strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. Working primarily in our education mission area, you will have an opportunity to ensure all youth from historically marginalized communities and low-income families are prepared, supported and motivated to learn by providing access to the resources required for academic achievement, post-secondary attainment and life-long success. Working collaboratively with teammates in the fields of human services and healthcare, you will help create pathways to permanent self-sufficiency. Last year, we made over $32 million in grants to nonprofits across the Carolinas, including over $7 million to education focused organizations.
Every day, you will be surrounded by smart, motivated, collaborative teammates with varied life experiences who have been successful in other industries and decided to dedicate their working years to lifting up others. Come join some of the most dedicated philanthropists in our region in our traditional yet dynamic setting. After celebrating our first 40 years of giving, join us as we look forward to many more decades of impact at one of the largest private grantmaking foundations in the mid-Atlantic.
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located Charlotte, NC. It is critical to our success that this diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We continue to work to create an equitable workplace where all good ideas rise to the top.
You and your role: The Leon Levine Foundation (“TLLF”) is searching for a Program Officer to help our team evaluate and make grants to nonprofit partners primarily in our education mission area. In this role you will:
• Support the priorities and strategies of the education Senior Program Officer in all aspects of the grantmaking process, including influencing policies, practices and procedures
• Review grant applications, make site visits, conduct due diligence, and prepare written analysis and funding recommendations to the Board of Trustees
• Cultivate and identify potential grantees through research, networking, community involvement and building strong, authentic relationships across North Carolina and South Carolina
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the mission, vision and values of TLLF and be able to express them clearly and represent them internally, to potential grantees and to the public
• Coach and advise junior professionals regarding their career growth and TLLF’s education mission area
• Provide support, as requested, for all TLLF activities and complete special projects and assignments as needed Qualified candidates for the role will have: • Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years professional experience in the education field, though non-discipline specific business experience may substitute if combined with appropriate personal experience or academic degree
• Demonstrated history of possessing and applying comprehensive knowledge in the education sector, specifically related to (1) equitable access to educational opportunity and excellence for students birth to 12th grade, (2) early childhood initiatives, (3) student stability supports, social capital and mentoring, and/or (4) post secondary success for first generation and/or students in need
• Knowledge of North Carolina and South Carolina education history, systems, organizations, leaders and communities preferred The Leon Levine Foundation has found that consistent demonstration of certain character traits is necessary to be a successful member of our team and move forward in your career. Successful team members show a drive for achievement in all endeavors, typically supported by adaptability to changing circumstances and the resiliency to overcome setbacks. Across all TLLF roles, it is critical to always show personal integrity, along with curiosity and humility to learn about and from others. There are often no set solutions to problems we seek to solve, so effective intelligence (finding creative solutions to challenging problems) and being able to work within a team are necessary. Finally, as representatives of a well-known organization, it is imperative to show emotional strength, demonstrating the ability to make logical decisions and regulate emotions under stressful situations. Our investment in you: • Compensation for this exempt, full-time position will be $75,000 to $90,000 per year, depending on experience
• You will be eligible for review and performance-based adjustment each fiscal year. In addition to your salary, you are eligible for an annual performance-based bonus
• 401(k) with a 5% company match
• Health Insurance (75% employer paid premiums)
• Fully paid dental, disability and life insurance
• 15 days paid time off which increases with continued employment, along with 9.5 paid holidays and paid sick leave.
• Professional learning opportunities The fine print: Our team is currently working full time in our office in Charlotte, NC, with health and safety precautions in place. The Leon Levine Foundation supports an environment that is free of harassment and retaliation and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about who we are and what we do at To apply: Individuals seeking to become a candidate for Program Officer at The Leon Levine Foundation should send a resume and a cover letter (not more than 500 words) explaining why they would like to seek this position and why they believe they would be successful at The Leon Levine Foundation. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Related Jobs Related Jobs
> 5 million $