Senior Brand Designer
Senior Brand Designer
at Mode Baltimore, MD Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for analysts and data scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from finance to operations, marketing to engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate on data that can be used to inform everyday decisions. For our customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
About the role:
The Mode marketing team is a creative crew of market strategists, empathetic storytellers, and quantitative thinkers. The Mode platform is loved by customers and it's time to up-level, then scale our brand to bring the Mode story to organizations everywhere.
We’re looking for a creative and collaborative Senior Brand Designer to help develop and express the Mode brand across new and existing audiences, segments, and markets as we enter our next phase of growth. Reporting to the Director of Brand, you’ll strategize, ideate, and design for web, editorial, events, and more as you help develop and evolve our brand.
We're a collaborative group guided by a customer-centric process and we’re eager to infuse that with fresh creative talent that can ideate and iterate toward real world impact. Your first six months at Mode will be an exciting, foundational phase for the Brand Studio and our company. As you breathe new life into ongoing initiatives, you’ll also help drive a complete rebrand and completely reimagine our website.
After that, you’ll continue to partner with the Brand Studio as well as Marketing to develop breakthrough creative for assets needed to deliver on our ambitious growth goals. You’ll partner with the product and product design teams to bring our brand to life across customer touchpoints in-product. With our customer success and customer education teams, you’ll partner on assets that make data analysis skills more accessible to people in every corner of an organization. You’ll partner with all these teams to measure results, understand the impact of your designs, test, and optimize (we’re a data company after all). What you'll do:
- Create work that helps define the look and feel of the Mode brand to achieve the big vision we’re bringing to life over the next few years
- Provide creative partnership to cross-functional partners, translate their business goals into beautiful design work
- Bring your creativity to bear on an iterative design process built around delivering real world impact to our users
- Infuse brand work with customer-centric insights
- Design experiences, materials, and assets that are strategic, high-quality, and push the brand expression across channels, segments, and new markets
- Contribute to an inclusive, inquisitive Brand Studio culture that is bold in execution, and oriented towards ownership and growth
- Collaborate with external agencies and freelancers
- Execute brand strategies that increase brand awareness and perception across audiences and geographies
- Help develop creative for campaigns in advance of big media moments and product launches
- Build relationships with contributors across the business and foster a culture of inclusive brand partnership What we look for:
- Alignment with
- A proven track record of high impact design project delivery
- Strong experience ideating, concepting, and executing brand work across multiple channels.
- Strong understanding of design systems and working with brand guidelines
- Ability to create strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional and external partners
- Confidence in presenting ideas and designs to internal clients About Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions. In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits. Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our
Voluntary Self-Identification For government reporting purposes, we ask candidates to respond to the below self-identification survey. Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file. As set forth in Mode’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected group status under any applicable law. If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows: A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability. A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service. An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense. An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985. Form CC-305 OMB Control Number 1250-0005 Expires 05/31/2023 Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years. Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you wil