Software Engineer: Frontend
Remote San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer: Frontend San Mateo, CA / Engineering / Full-time + Develop an interactive, data-rich user interface using the latest front-end
- Own the delivery of substantial product features.
- Work closely with our product, UX design, and backend development teams to develop new features.
- Work with senior team members to deliver a user experience that far exceeds the current state-of-the-art within the Observability world. You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- 4+ years industry experience building/maintaining complex enterprise applications
- Knowledge of the core building blocks in web browsers, like the DOM, CSS, Canvas, XHR, etc.
- A sophisticated understanding of how to use interfaces and design patterns to create simple and reusable components for a complex, technical UI
- An ability to discern the right trade-offs between functionality and delivery speed so that we deliver both value and wow-factor to customers
- We care about passion for front-end development
- We aren’t interested in asking about computer science fundamentals you learned in college years ago, we care more about finding people who can apply their practical experience to get things done
- Experience with commercial dashboarding and analytics products (e.g. Splunk, Datadog, Looker, Power BI) is preferable
- Startup or growth-stage experience is also preferable Observe's mission is to turn business data into information. Our SaaS Observability product ingests anything with a timestamp - logs, metrics, traces - and then curates and relates that data to provide unique insights into a customer’s data universe. If a customer has a problem on the application layer, engineering teams can seamlessly find the root cause of the issue whether that’s a new release pushed to production from Jenkins, or an underlying database or memory issue. We enable engineers to spend more time coding features and less time investigating incidents. We reduce outages and issues with customer experience. And we leverage an elastic cloud architecture so that customers only pay for what they use. To learn more about Observe, visit or join the conversation on Twitter @Observe_Inc.
> 5 million $