Customer Support Staffing for Startup Success
We understand how critical it is for startups to have a solid customer support staffing strategy in place in order to recruit effective customer support staff.
Great customer support staff helps you retain customers; protect your startup's reputation; provide valuable feedback to product teams and ultimately... accelerate revenues.
As with developer hires, truly great customer support hires make a BIG difference to results compared with hiring mediocre talent. We help founding teams find and hire game-changing customer support staff every day, emphasizing the importance of customer support staffing for startups.
How Funded.club Helps You
- We headhunt and screen customer support staff every day, worldwide.
- Make critical hires quickly. Our mean average time-to-hire from kick-off call to accepted offer with customer support staffing is 33 days.
- Manage your costs closely. Our low fees from $3900 / €3600 per hire are fixed and help you stretch your runway further even as you grow.
- Hire passive candidates who do not apply to job ads. We pitch your startup and recruit fresh candidates every day that fit your startup culture, budget, and required skills - we only use our database of 100,000 startup-ready candidates as a backup
Hang on a moment! :) How is this so good and also so cheap?
- We get this question a lot. Our secret is our unique business model (far different from a traditional % of salary model) plus the tech stack we have built to speed up our projects.
- Our customers promise we're the only partner helping them fill each role we work on. We work undistracted with guaranteed results.
- Filling every role we work on we have no wasted effort combined with low overheads allows us to deliver a full headhunting service on a bootstrapped budget.
- We use the best tools in the world for customer support staffing and the best headhunters in the world running our searches.
TL:DR - we're disruptors and we get sh*t done.
Useful tips for founders and hiring managers:
Great customer support staff typically have the following characteristics:
Excellent communication skills: They are able to clearly and effectively communicate with customers, both verbally and in writing.
Empathy: They are able to put themselves in the customer's shoes and understand their perspective, which helps them to provide better service.
Patience: They are able to remain calm and patient, even when dealing with difficult or frustrated customers.
Problem-solving skills: They are able to quickly identify and resolve customer issues, often by thinking creatively and outside the box.
Positive attitude: They maintain a positive and friendly attitude, even in stressful situations.
Attention to detail: They pay close attention to the details and ensure that customer issues are resolved completely and accurately.
Adaptability: They are able to adapt to changing situations and customer needs.
Product knowledge: They have a thorough understanding of the products or services they are supporting, which allows them to provide accurate and helpful information to customers.
Time management: They are able to manage their time effectively, ensuring that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Team player: They work well in a team environment, collaborating with colleagues and sharing knowledge and expertise to provide the best possible service to customers.
Consider these questions when screening candidates:
- What experience do you have providing customer support in a (insert your industry) environment? What are some common challenges you've faced and how did you overcome them?
- How do you prioritize and manage your workload to ensure that customers receive timely and effective support? Can you walk me through your process?
- What strategies have you found to be effective for de-escalating difficult customer situations and resolving conflicts?
- Can you provide an example of a particularly challenging customer support issue you resolved? How did you approach the situation and what was the outcome?
- How do you stay up-to-date on product and industry developments to ensure that you're able to provide accurate and helpful support to customers?
- How do you collect and utilize customer feedback to inform product and support improvements?
- What is your experience with using customer support software and tools, such as ticketing systems, knowledge bases, and chatbots?
- How do you balance the need to provide quality support with the need to work efficiently and manage your time effectively?
- How do you work with other teams, such as product development or sales, to ensure a seamless customer experience?
- What motivates you to work in customer support, and how do you maintain a positive attitude even in the face of challenging situations?
Why Choose Us?
We charge low fixed fees starting at $3900 / €3600* per hire - we reduce cost-per-hire by >70%
Our startup customer support recruiters think and operate like founders and not like typical agency staff.
We screen candidates that work well in a startup culture of rapid growth in a fast-changing environment
Guaranteed results - first candidates in 7 days and a shortlist of the best candidates in the market in 14 days
We help you build and protect your employer brand
We help you understand your ROI with weekly updates and stats
Our clients become GDPR-compliant immediately while using our tools (don't underestimate this!)
Join a club of founders with growing resources, advice and a network of valuable contacts
"Funded.club was absolutely an integral piece of our process to find-test-hire people for our company lately. This not only saved us quite literally munltiple months of work in pre-screenings, but also efficient in finding candidates that we basically removed the need for a recruitment team altogether. this allowed us to focus resources on more critical things that every company should be doing, like building the product!"
"Working with Funded.club has been a wonderful experience. The staff is highly experienced, saved us tons of time and are results driven. All of it is a fraction of traditional recruitment agency costs. Highly recommended for fast-growing startups and scale-ups!"
"We were struggling to find the right person for our senior dev role and so got in touch with Funded.Club. They quickly found candidates that fitted with our requirements and culture and we were able to fill the position. Thanks to Emma for your effort which saved us lots of time and cost."
"At Tesseract.io we are constantly looking for talents to join our ever-growing team. The Funded.Club team has helped tremendously in our hiring process. In addition to the responsiveness, they provide weekly summaries throughout the hiring progress. Candidates presented were pre-screened and of good quality. Candidates start streaming in very quickly after our kick-off meeting, usually within the same week. They've helped us with multiple technical positions that we previously struggled to fill. We will definitely use them for future hires. "
"We worked with Bulent and Funded.club to successfully recruit a Senior Software Engineer. Bulent advised us on the brief, provided valuable insights on salary ranges and then worked diligently to provide us with an excellent shortlist of candidates. Bulent is a great communicator and provided straightforward advice which helped us rapidly conclude our search confident we had the best candidate in the market for our brief."
Other Positions We Fill
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Content Marketer
- Project Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Computer Engineer
- Web Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Front-end Developer
- iOS Developer
- QA Staffing
- Software Engineer
- IT Manager